In the first Call to Prepare, you created some comments that addressed several substantive points. This second Call to Prepare is your opportunity to add to that content. Instructions on actually filing your comment to the FDA will be contained in the Fourth Call to Action that will be issued tomorrow, July 24, 2014.
Click THIS LINK for additional details and instructions.
I’m happy to report that Carbon Method has contacted me regarding the switch issue on the Radix box. The news is good. Look for a follow-up on the follow-up soon.
For those of you who asked about the t-shirt, click the image below. It’s from All About Vapor!
A PBusardo Video – Wick Testing
In this video we take a look at 4 popular wick materials…
- Organic Cotton Balls
- Japanese Cotton Sheets (Koh Gen Do)
- CelluCotton (Rayon)
We talk about them, wick test them, burn them, taste them, vape them and talk all about them.
This is certainly not the end all, be all list of wicking materials, but it’s some I’ve been using to easily wick, remove, and re-wick my coils. Sorry I didn’t have the time to get “Cotton Bacon” in this round.
The Post Review Follow-up:
- 7/23/14 – Something not elaborated on in the video was ease of use. I thought they were all pretty easy to use when it came to wicking. The hemp bunched up at times when working it through the coil, but it wasn’t a big deal. Remember to cut the Japanese Cotton along the fibers. This will make it wick better and make it stronger for working it though your coil.
- 7/23/14 – I got a fair amount of “popping” from the Rayon, this usually tells me that not enough material was used. Since the Rayon doesn’t seem to expand as much, you may want to keep that in mind and be sure you have enough of it through your coil. Make sure it’s nice and snug in there.
A PBusardo Follow-up – The Radix Switch Issue
This is an unfortunate issue for me as I’ve been a fan of the Radix since I received it. However, it’s what I do, and if it’s happening to me, it could potentially happen to you. Hopefully this issue is limited to my own. If it’s not, perhaps Carbon Method can find a solution or a replacement switch.
This will also be added to the original review section for this device.
The Radix @ Carbon Method
This is the talk I gave at the Vegas Vape Summit. I had hoped they would have shown the slides I put up on the screen as well as the video segments. Looks like the captured the first, but not the second. They must have though me walking back and forth was more interesting than the video that was playing.
If I get some spare time (HA!!!) I’ll see if I can edit in the slides and second video for you.
I try to tie together a few things in this talk…
- The history of electronic cigarettes.
- My journey with electronic cigarettes.
- How the FDA regulations has the potential to suppress innovation.
Funny how much easier it is to talk to 70,000 of you from the privacy of my basement over a several hundred of you up on stage!
Here’s the original cut…